Things to do in or around Nice :
- Phoenix Park (5km) with its tropical greenhouses, butterflies, ducks, otters, raptors. Animations for the little ones!
- Parks : Marineland – Aquasplash – Antibesland at 30mn (25 km).
- Marina of Saint Laurent du Var with bars, nightclubs and restaurants 20 min. by car or bus.
- Ski resorts and all mountain activities 1 hour drive by car or 1h30 by bus (1.50€ one way).
- The racecourse of Cagnes sur Mer (11 km), the water park and attraction Marineland.
- Monaco, its oceanographic museum, are 30 minutes away by car or train.
- Villefranche, picturesque old little town next to the beach. Easy access by train, the same line as for Monaco !
- Antibes, nice old town with lots of shops and restaurants
- Grasse : the city of the flowers and perfumes, shops like Gallimard and several museums.
- You can also spend a day in Vintimille, Italy (1-hour drive) and enjoy its market every Friday morning. You can also get there by the same train that goes to Villefranche, Monaco and Menton.
Local markets :
- Cours Saleya in the old Nice with its flower, vegetables and fish (every day except monday).
- Cours Saleya : craft et flea market (monday only)
- Libération : market for the locals, good deals to be had here !